Summer 2020 Professional Skills Series
Preparing You for the ADR Landscape in Response to COVID-19
This Summer, the Straus Institute is pleased to offer the Professional Skills Series of courses that provide timely strategies and innovative techniques to address practice challenges posed by COVID-19 for lawyers, mediators, students, and professionals at all levels.
The current global pandemic has fundamentally changed ADR across the United States, and indeed the world. In the span of a few short weeks, litigation, dispute resolution, and virtually all business-centered transactions have moved online. Professionals have had to adapt to virtual practice norms, quickly learn online platforms, and develop new ways to connect with clients and audiences online. The Professional Skills Series reimagines Straus' long-standing Professional Skills Training Program and addresses diverse topics that respond to changes in the ADR field brought by COVID-19.
Join our Distinguished Faculty in Straus' Virtual Classroom
Courses are taught by accomplished faculty, thought leaders, and nationally-recognized experts, who are skilled in online teaching, inspiring meaningful dialogue, and building connections in the virtual classroom. The Professional Skills Series Courses will include engaging presentations and interactive components that equip professionals with skills they can immediately employ in their practices. Participate from anywhere within a convenient, online format, selecting a single class or take multiple in the Series. We recommend using Google Chrome web browser for registration.
Additional Program Information
- TIMING OF COURSES: Each seminar will be held from 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM (PST), making it a 4-hour course, with an additional 30-minute break.
- ONLINE MCLE CREDIT: For participants outside California, please confirm online CLE hours will be accepted by your state bar. If not, and there is sufficient time, Pepperdine can apply to be pre-approved. One state bar could not guarantee a time frame for a request and it's acceptance. The program must be pre-approved prior to the start of the program in order for credit to be given. Also note that CLE credit is available only to those participating in the live sessions.
- SOLD OUT COURSES: Registration can be made to view the recorded session once the program takes place. A reminder that CLE credit is not available for the recorded sessions.
- COURSE CANCELLATION: Please note there is a $35 processing fee for canceling a course(s). If a course is sold out, please cancel by the Tuesday prior to the class start date. If we are not able to fill your space, there is an additional $50 non-attendance fee. Participants who do not cancel prior to the program start date will not receive a refund.
- WEBINAR RECORDING: By participating in a Straus Institute/Pepperdine Caruso Law webinar, you automatically agree to authorize the recording of audio and visual content presented during the live event and consent to subsequent use of the recording by Pepperdine Caruso Law. This recording may include questions and poll responses provided by you during the live event. This recording will be made available after the conclusion of the live event as part of the webinar archives and will remain available indefinitely. If you do not wish to consent to the recording, please do not join the live event, and contact email@example.com to discuss your concerns.
Back to Summer 2020