Diversity and Inclusion
At Pepperdine Caruso Law, our community is rich in political, racial, and spiritual diversity which has formed a strong culture of connection among our students, faculty, and staff. Led by our faith-based values, we believe that each person’s voice and convictions enhance our community.
We are committed to being a place where all belong.
Resources for the Pepperdine community: articles, books, movies, and more. New materials added often.
The Diversity Council is a school-wide group composed of faculty and staff who join with senior management in a collaborative effort to create strategic plans and goals for diversity in alignment with our Christian mission and vision. This involves implementing programs like implicit bias training, the Dean's Speaker Series, open conversations, academic panels, and more, that increase and enhance student, faculty, and staff diversity at all levels of Caruso Law.
Assistant Dean of Student Life, Diversity, and Belonging
Established in early 2020, the office of the assistant dean of student life, diversity, and belonging has three overarching goals: to create a community where all are welcomed and recognize they belong, to care for the well-being of each individual student, and to oversee the full student life experience.
- Develops programs to create a community that values and celebrates diversity and works on strategic initiatives and policies that strengthen diversity at all levels - student, faculty, and staff.
- Cares for each student by coordinating faculty, peer, and alumni mentorship and by providing mental health and spiritual life support.
- Oversees student life events and student clubs toward ensuring that students have rich and meaningful community experiences.
Director of Clinical Education
Nicole Serleto Chavez
Director of Admissions, Student Information & Services
Tanya Asim Cooper
Assistant Clinical Professor of Law
Director Restoration and Justice Clinic
Dean of Students
Associate Director, Professional Development and External Relations
Financial Assistance Administrator
Associate Director, Straus Institute
Managing Director and Assistant Professor of Law and Practice
Professor of Law
Assistant Professor of Legal Research and Writing
- Asylum & Refugee Law
- California Family Law Practice
- Community Justice Clinic
- Comparative Anti-Discrimination Law Seminar
- Cross Cultural Conflict and Dispute Resolution
- Dispute Resolution and Relgion
- Divorce & Family Mediation
- Domestic Violence Seminar
- Employment Law Practicum
- Employment Discrimination Law
- Faith Based Diplomacy & Intl. Peacemaking
- Faith and Family Mediation
- Fair Employment and Housing Mediation Clinic
- Health Law Practicum
- Human Rights
- Immigration Law
- Immigration Law Practicum
- Jewish Law
- Juvenile Rights
- Law and Religion Seminar
- Legal Aid Clinic
- Low Income Taxpayers' Clinic
- Ninth Circuit Appellate Advocacy Clinic
- Police Practices
- Restoration and Justice Clinic
- Veterans' Law Practicum - Los Angeles/ Ventura
- War Crimes
First Generation Students
Pepperdine Caruso Law is excited to support students who are the first in their family to graduate from college. Through our "First Gen" initiatives, we strive to foster a community that establishes mentors, creates opportunities, and opens dialogue about what it means to be a First Gen law student.
Associate Director of Career Development
Chair of First Generation Initiatives
I became the person I am today because of Pepperdine – how to be an attorney who has a sense of empathy and compassion in this world – we all gravitated naturally towards this attitude.
Open Conversations - Monthly
Pepperdine University Caruso School of Law is committed to providing the resources
and training to educate our community on issues of bias and racism, within our society
and the legal system.
At Pepperdine Caruso School of Law, organizations give students the opportunity to explore varied interests. These organizations are primarily student run, and events are as varied as social gatherings, guest speakers, fundraising drives, and service opportunities.