International Student Applicants | Admissions & Aid | School of Law | Pepperdine University

International Student Applicants

JD Applicants whose undergraduate degree was earned outside the United States must use the JD Credential Assembly Service. This service is an extension of the CAS. All foreign transcripts should be sent directly to the CAS.

Applicants for the Master of Laws (LLM) in Dispute Resolution program can use LSAC's LLM Credential Assembly Service or apply via the paper application form.  All international transcripts must be evaluated by an approved service. Additional information on the LLM application process for international students can be found in Straus Institute's International Student section. Admission questions for the Certificate, Masters and LLM in Dispute Resolution programs should be directed to the Straus Institute at

Financial Aid

For information regarding Financial Assistance, please contact the Office of Financial Assistance at (310) 506-4633 or

In order to be eligible for Federal Loans you must be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen. If you do not fall into one of these categories and wish to apply for private loans, you must have a co-signer who is a credit-worthy U.S. citizen.

All documents required for Financial Aid should be submitted prior to receiving an Admissions decision. The deadline for need-based aid is April 1.

The F-1 student visa status

The Office of International Student Services (OISS) will assist international students in securing and maintaining their lawful nonimmigrant student status in the U.S. Upon admission to the School of Law and/or the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, international students will receive the Form I-20 from the OISS. The Form I-20 is the document needed in order to make application for the F-1 (student) visa from abroad and be lawfully admitted to the U.S. in F-1 status. For those who are already in the U.S., the Form I-20 is needed to apply for a change of nonimmigrant visa status to F-1, or obtain permission to change schools in the U.S.

In order to receive your Form I-20, you must submit evidence of financial support, indicating how you will meet your expenses for the academic year as well as for subsequent years of study. Please refer to the catalog and/or website for the estimated costs for your specific academic year. If an application for financial aid has been made, the OISS will prepare the Form I-20 as soon as verification of grants and/or loans has been received from the Office of Financial Assistance.

While in F-1 status, you are required to maintain full-time enrollment status. On-campus employment is limited to 20 hours per week while school is in session. Off-campus employment is limited to required internships which are an integral part of your academic program. Accordingly, you should not look to employment as a means of support.

Please return the International Student Data Form to the Office of Admissions, Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA 90263

Contact Us

Questions about immigration can be directed to the Office of International Student Services:

Office of International Student Services
Pepperdine University
Malibu, CA 90263-4246
Phone: (310)506-4246
Fax: (310)506-7403

Admissions questions should be directed to the Office of Admissions at for JD queries or for Certificate, MDR and LLM queries.