Summer Courses in Dispute Resolution
The 2018 Summer Program offers students an unparalleled opportunity to obtain the finest dispute resolution educational experience in substantive theories, exposure to the field's literature, extensive practical skills development, and stimulating dialogue with students and faculty drawn from around the world.
At the Straus Institute, we offer summer course blocks in dispute resolution as one-week intensives or in a two-weekend format.
May 22 - July 24, 2018 from 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Mediation Clinic
West Los Angeles Courses
Block 2: May 31, June 1-2 and 7-8
Block 3: June 14 - 16 and 21 - 23
Block 5: July 12 - 14 and 19 - 21
Nowhere else in America can law students and professionals find the "Pepperdine Experience" in dispute resolution:
- A faculty of academics and practitioners drawn from around the world
- The most extensive dispute resolution curriculum in legal education
- Convenient one-week and two-weekend formats
- Class locations in Malibu, and London/Geneva
- More than 300 law students and professional colleagues with whom to study
- Each class offered is worth 2 units of credit and all are part of Pepperdine's JD curriculum
- Current law or graduate students can use summer courses towards their JD or graduate degree while earning a Certificate or Masters in Dispute Resolution (MDR).
- Professionals in various the fields can use intensive courses to count towards a Certificate, Master of Dispute Resolution (MDR) or Master of Law (LLM), or audit a course for additional training.
- What many believe is the nation's foremost dispute resolution education organization-the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University School of Law