Managing Conflict 4.0: The New Wave of Opportunities for Businesses Around the Globe
Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution and the
Dispute Resolution Law Journal present
A two-day conference dealing with corporate disputes within and between organizations.
Co-hosted by KPMG Law Germany
Drescher Conference Center, Pepperdine University, Malibu, California
Dates and Program Schedule
Monday, November 9, 2015
9:00 am to 5:30 pm
Tuesday, November 10, 2015
8:30 am to 1:00 pm
Approved for 10 hours of CLE credit.
Early Registration is $195 by October 12, 2015
Registration is $225 after October 12, 2015
Materials, continental breakfast, and lunch are included.
Pepperdine students attend without charge, but must pre-register. Please note, food
service is not included for students, but may be added for $75.
Non-Pepperdine law students are invited to attend for a $125 fee - please be sure to use your law school email address when registering.
About the Program
Managing Conflict 4.0 brings participants together with corporate and public leaders, scholars and creative thinkers to share state-of-the-art insights, tools and techniques for handling and leveraging conflict within and between organizations.
Bridging Across Cultures
- Moderator: Dr. Bernd Fischer, Former Consul General, Federal Republic of Germany
- Helmut Buss, Chief Ombudsman, International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) (former Ombudsman, United Nations Funds and Programmes)
- Rene Insam, Culture Specialist, US Loyalty, American Express
Navigating, Building, and Strengthening Relationships
- Moderator: Nancy Vanderlip, Co-Chair, Council of Distinguished Advisors, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law
- Scott Partridge, Vice President Global Strategy, Monsanto
- Debra Gerardi, RN, MPH, JD, Executive Coach and Consultant, Emerging Healthcare Communities
- Jeremy Lack, Attorney-at-Law and ADR Neutral; Principal, Lawtech, Geneva, Switzerland
Harnessing the Power of Information and Insight
to Improve Strategic Decision Making and Choice
- Moderator: Mary Beth Cantrell, Senior Associate General Counsel, AMGEN
- Randall Kiser, Principal Analyst, DecisionSet®
- Don Philbin, Attorney-Mediator, CEO Picture it Settled®
- Dr. Alexander Insam, Partner, KPMG & KPMG Law Germany
Promoting Conflict-Competent Leadership and Holistic Conflict Management
- Moderator: Dr. Alexander Insam, Partner, KPMG & KPMG Law Germany
- Noah Hanft, President & CEO, International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (CPR), Former General Counsel and Chief Franchise Officer, MasterCard
- David Huebner, Partner, Arnold & Porter, Former U.S. Ambassador to New Zealand
- Tom Stipanowich, Professor of Law, Pepperdine School of Law; Academic Director, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution
- Melanie Lewis, Principal Ombuds, Baker Hughes Incorporated
- Jüergen Briem, Head of Conflict Management System, SAP
For questions or to receive information on lodging and transportation, please call Lori Rushford at 310.506.6342 or email firstname.lastname@example.org