Appreciating our Legacy and Engaging the Future: An International Conference for Dispute Resolution Teachers, Scholars, and Leaders
Thomas J. Stipanowich, Nancy Welsh, and Sukhsimranjit Singh
Co-sponsors of the Conference:
The Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, ABA Section of Dispute Resolution, and Aggie Dispute Resolution Program, Texas A&M University School of Law
In Cooperation with:
Cardozo School of Law of Yeshiva University, Marquette University Law School, University of Missouri School of Law Center for the Study of Dispute Resolution, The Dispute Resolution Institute at the Mitchell Hamline School of Law, The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University, UC Hastings Center for Negotiation and Dispute Resolution, Center on Dispute Resolution at Quinnipiac University School of Law, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, and Saltman Center for Conflict Resolution, University of Nevada-Las Vegas, University of Oregon ADR Center, Conflict Resolution Program at Santa Clara University School of Law, Fordham School of Law.
This landmark conference will bring together leading dispute resolution teachers, scholars and leaders of educational programs to compare perspectives on four decades of change in managing and resolving conflict and the challenges and opportunities that we face now and in the future.
Interactive sessions explored:
- Balancing skills, law, ethics and policy in the classroom
- Integrating practitioners into our courses, research and programs
- Mediation and dispute resolution clinics and public service
- Initiatives aimed at bridging the societal divide
- Globalization, culture, legal tradition and ethics in the classroom and research
- How technology is changing what and how we teach
- Research and scholarship across borders
- Big Data's revolutionary effect on research
A one-of-a-kind event and network with colleagues from all over the U.S. and abroad.