Dean Paul Caron Hosts Dinner in Honor of Veterans Day 2021
On November 16, Dean Caron and his wife Courtney hosted the Veterans Law Society (VLS) at their home in celebration of Veterans Day. It was a lovely evening filled with military anecdotes, bursts of laughter, and expressions of inter-service rivalries. The participants commemorated the veterans who have gone before them in service and raised their glasses to the future as they look forward with hope. As the holiday season comes along, we are reminded of how thankful we are to have a strong veteran community at Caruso Law. We hope that you will consider reconnecting with us as we strengthen our reach from Malibu to the rest of the country.
VLS is a community of law students who have served in all branches of the United States Armed Forces. Caruso Law is incredibly supportive of its veterans and equally committed to the law school's continued rise in reputation. Here are a few updates about VLS this year:
Past and Current Projects
- The Class of 2024's sizable veteran enrollment has definitely rejuvenated our organization. Within the first month of the school year, we held an academic and legal writing workshop for our members and have stayed engaged with our 1Ls throughout the school year.
- We hosted a dinner for our members in the middle of the semester and enjoyed 100% attendance.
- Shortly after the events in Afghanistan, we erected a memorial for the community.
- In March 2022, the VLS plans on co-sponsoring a "Law Journal Write On Workshop" with the First Generation Law Students Association and the Pepperdine Law Review. The goal is to demystify the journal write on process, particularly for students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- As recruitment season begins, we remain committed to attracting top-tier veteran talent to the law school. I cannot overstate how grateful we are for Caruso Law's commitment to the Yellow Ribbon Program. The summer stipend program is yet another fantastic benefit for our veteran community
A recent example of VLS's support occurred when Caruso Law student Sean Fox was called to active duty to serve in our nation's capital last January while he was a first-year student. Within twenty-four hours, the VLS was able to rally support for Sean by assisting with outlines, note-takers, and financial support We hope you will join us in this important work.
Please find more information at Veterans Law Society
We invite our veteran alumni to stay engaged with Caruso Law's growing veteran community. Come support our mission by taking a few moments to fill out this short VLS Alumni Survey.