Pepperdine Caruso Law Advocacy Programs for 2020-2021
Pepperdine Caruso Law students who are interested are encouraged to try out or apply for the 2020-2021 Moot Court Team, Moot Court Board, and Trial Team. Please visit the links below for more information.
Moot Court Team:
- 7/13 - Virtual Info Session at 2:00PM PT via Zoom.
- 8/10-13 - 2L Tryouts with both virtual and in-person options. Each tryout will last 5 minutes in which candidates will argue the first half of their 1L Appellate Brief.
- Required Courses[BROKEN LINK] - All 2L members are required to take Appellate Advocacy (2 units) in the Fall on Mondays at 8:45-10:45AM PT and Honors Appellate Advocacy (2 units) in the Spring (TBD).
- 2020-2021 Moot Court Team Information - check regularly for updates.
- Send questions to the Co-Chairs Emma Sholder and Ashley Koos.
Moot Court Board:
- Join the Moot Court Board!
- 7/15 - Deadline to apply as a Moot Court Board Competition Chair.
- 8/28 - Deadline to apply as a Moot Court Board Problem Writer or General Member.
- Moot Court Board Informational Session Recording
- 8/3 - Closing Argument Competition Problem and Info Session Video will be released on TWEN.
- 8/17 - Registration opens for the Closing Argument Competition.
- 8/24 - Last day to register for the Closing Argument Competition.
- 8/26-27 - Closing Argument Competition Preliminary Rounds via Zoom.
- 8/28 - Closing Argument Competition Final Round via Zoom.
- Send questions to the Closing Argument Chair Joshua Upham or President Stolle Voigt.