LLM in Dispute Resolution for European Lawyers and Judges
Study Negotiation, Mediation and Arbitration at the Highest Ranked U.S. Program.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
Mid and late career attorneys and judges can maintain a busy practice while earning a LLM in Dispute Resolution. Students who cannot dedicate a year to the traditional LLM program, now have the option to participate in the pilot program formatted for European lawyers.
- Take five courses in an extended weekend format once a month at Pepperdine’s London campus
London campus courses will meet for full day sessions from Friday - Monday.
- Start and end the program with a one week course in Los Angeles the first week of January
- Attend the rest of your classes over six weeks (late May to early July) in Los Angeles.
During this time in Los Angeles, you will:
- mediate 20 cases in the local courts;
- observe commercial private sector mediations;
- tour the largest court annexed mediation program in the world;
- attend courses with more than 200 students enrolled in the Los Angeles based LLM and Master of Dispute Resolution(MDR) programs;
- meet with your faculty advisor for guidance on an independent study project;
- meet with your academic advisor to plan an externship experience in your home city; and
- attend receptions and events with practicing mediators, arbitrators, and ADR providers.
Program At a Glance
Dates, Locations, and Courses
|January 5 - 8, 2016||Los Angeles||Negotiation Theory and Practice||2 units|
|February 5- 8||London||Mediation Theory and Practice||2 units|
|March 4 - 7||London||Arbitration Practice and Advocacy||2 units|
|April 1 - 4||London||Cross Cultural Conflict and Dispute Resolution||2 units|
|April 29 - May 2||London||International Commercial Arbitration||2 units|
|May 23 - 27||Los Angeles||One Week Intensive (choose from two electives)||2 units|
|June 2 - 11||Los Angeles||Two Week Intensive (choose from two electives)||2 units|
|June 16 - 25||Los Angeles||Two Week Intensive (choose from two electives)||2 units|
|June 27 - 30||Los Angeles||Apology, Forgiveness and Reconciliation||2 units|
|May 25 - June 30||Los Angeles||Independent Research Project||1 unit|
|May 25 - June 30||Los Angeles||Mediation Clinic||2 units|
|October 2016||London||Elective Course||2 units|
|Fall Semester||Location of Choice||Externship and Independent Study Research||3 units|
|January 2017||Los Angeles||One Week Intensive (choose from four electives)||2 units|
Intensive courses in London would be offered in full day sessions Friday - Monday.