All first-year applicants for admission to the full-time JD program at Pepperdine Caruso School of Law are eligible to apply for the Faculty Scholars Award. This award is granted to applicants who demonstrate academic excellence, personal achievement, and a commitment to leadership in a Christian community without regard to financial need. It is recommended that applicants have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.75 and a minimum LSAT score of 165. Full tuition plus a $7,000 dollar stipend is awarded each year of law school.
The Faculty Scholars Award application must accompany a letter responding to the following:
- Pepperdine is deeply committed to its Christian mission and welcoming to students from all faiths as it prepares students for lives of purpose, service, and leadership. Caruso Law's mission encourages adherence to the highest moral and ethical standards. Please share how you would contribute to this unique community.
In addition, please highlight the following:
- Describe your two most significant extracurricular activities or honors received in college.
- Describe your most significant leadership experience.
- Describe your most significant employment experience.
- Describe your interest in law as a profession.
The Office of Admissions must receive a complete JD application and Faculty Scholars Award application no later than Monday, January 8, 2024.
If you are selected as a Faculty Scholars Award finalist, you must participate in the Faculty Scholars event on the Caruso Law campus in Malibu for a weekend in late February 2024 for final consideration.
*Please note this scholarship is applicable to students enrolled in the JD program during the fall and spring semesters only. These funding programs are not awarded during summer or winter sessions or to students who are visiting another school during the nine-month academic year.