- Meet with the Director of Externships, Professor Sophia Hamilton, for approval of your externship placement. To schedule an appointment, email Professor Hamilton.For a list of pre-approved placements, click here.
- Once your externship position has been approved and secured, complete the registration packet found in Forms. One of the pages requires your supervisor's signature. Return the completed forms in the form of a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Clinical Program Manager will register you for the fieldwork and workshop once the registration paperwork has been received.
- Keep track of your weekly hours on TICK timekeeping following the instructions posted in Forms. Approved timesheets should be submitted by the dates outlined in the syllabus.
- Attend the bi-weekly workshop, faculty advising, or meetings with the Director of Externships (depending on externship experience).
- Upload reflective memos via TWEN by their respective due dates as specified in syllabus.
- Complete the Student Evaluation at the end of term.
- Follow up with your Work Supervisor to make sure they have completed the Mid-semester and Final evaluations for you.
When each of these components have been completed, the Director of Externships will assign credit for the units you have earned. One unit of credit is awarded for every 52.5 hours of work in the field.
In order to build relationships, gather information, and provide support to placements during the course of the semester, someone from the Externship Program may conduct a site visit to field placements to discuss details about the placement, externs' progress, as well as other questions or concerns. Externship program staff will contact field supervisors directly and will schedule such visits at the convenience of the field supervisor.