Transfer Application Requirements
All applicants for admission as a transfer student must be in good standing with their current law school. To be considered for admission, each candidate must submit the following:
- $60 non-refundable application fee - Waived for the 2018 application
- Completed, signed, and dated application
- Personal Statement
- Optional Responses
- Letter of standing from current law school*
- Official transcript from current law school*
- Official class rank from current law school*
Please attach to your application a resumé, including a record of employment, scholastic honors, extracurricular activities, and community involvement.
Please include a brief personal statement indicating fully why you chose to transfer to Pepperdine Law, significant extracurricular and/or civic activities, and any further information that you feel should be considered by the Admissions Committee. If you desire, please discuss any applicable factors that would bring diversity to the class including racial or ethnic origin, age, work experience, geographical origin, and socioeconomic background.
At Pepperdine Law, our admission evaluation goes well beyond an applicant's LSAT and GPA scores. We also give careful attention to many other predictors of law school success, including leadership, resilience, initiative, motivation, hard work, a commitment to excellence, the ability to think critically and creatively, and the ability to communicate ideas with precision -- both orally and in writing.
In light of this, you may choose to provide the Admissions Committee additional information about yourself to evaluate along with your application. This is an optional portion of the application. You are in no way disadvantaged should you choose not to exercise the option of selecting ONE of the four prompts below by submitting either a one or two page written response or a one or two minute video response. If you respond via video, please upload it to an easily accessible website and provide us with the URL.
1. Pepperdine | Law: Where Passion Meets Purpose. What are you passionate about?
2. You are going on a one-year road trip and you can bring along with you anyone who has ever lived. Who do you take and why?
3. Describe a time when you pursued a long-term goal with passion and persistence.
4. "The difference between greatness and mediocrity is often how an individual views a mistake." - Nelson Boswell, American author. Describe a mistake you made that you view as a positive event in your life.
Letter of Standing
An official letter of standing is required from the dean of your current or previous law school.
Official Transcript and Class Rank
An official law school transcript reflecting all classes and grades taken at your current or previous law school and a copy of your official class rank are required.
* Please have your current or previous law school send supporting law school documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Pepperdine School of Law
Office of Admissions
24255 Pacific Coast Highway
Malibu, CA 90263
If you need additional information, please contact the Office of Admissions at (310) 506-4631.