Rescuing Relationships: Apology, Forgiveness and Reconciliation
Friday, November 2, 2012
9 am - 5 pm
The speakers for the Symposium will bring a combination of current practitioner experience in the area of dispute resolution as well as academic discussion on the subject of rescuing relationships through apology and forgiveness. The symposium will combine philosophy, psychology, and practitioner experience to fully explore the application of apology and forgiveness in the modern legal practice and in dispute resolution. Not only helpful for practitioners of alternative dispute resolution, but also how litigators can incorporate these aspects into their practice to create a more holistic and satisfactory experience for their clients.
Registration Fee - $95 before October 15
Registration Fee $125 after October 15
Peter Robinson, Professor of Law, Pepperdine University School of Law and
Managing Director, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution
- David Lerman, MD, General Counsel, Kaiser Permanente Southern California
- Eileen Barker, Author
- Susan Diacoff, Professor, Phoenix School of Law
Panel Discussion on Apology
- Nick Smith, Associate Professor, University of New Hampshire
- Calvin Sharpe, Professor, Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- Lee Taft, Taft Solutions
- Sam Edwards, Associate Professor, Green Mountain College
Panel Discussion on Forgiveness
- Ken Cloke, Director, Center for Dispute Resolution
- Solangel Maldonado, Professor, Seton Hall Law School
Tom Stipanowich, William H Webster Chair in Dispute Resolution, Professor of Law, Pepperdine University School of Law and Academic Director, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution
The program takes place at Pepperdine University School of Law. Continental breakfast, lunch, and materials are provided.
To register or for more information, call Lori Rushford at 310.506.6342 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approved for 6.25 hours of MCLE Credit