Before your externship begins:
- Meet with the Director of Externships, Professor Terry Adamson, for approval of your externship choice before you enroll. To schedule an appointment email email@example.com.
- Once your externship position has been approved and secured, complete the registration packet found in the Forms tab. Two of the pages require your supervisor's signature. Return the completed forms to the Clinical Programs office, room 104. They may be mailed, faxed, emailed or dropped off in person.
- The Clinical Program Manager will register you for the fieldwork and workshop once the registration paperwork has been received.
Once your externship is underway:
- Keep track of and submit your weekly hours on the timesheets provided. Keep copies of all timesheets.
- Attend the bi-weekly workshop. Submit journals to your workshop professor as instructed.
- At the conclusion of your externship,complete and return the student evaluation to the Clinical Education Program office.
- Follow up with your supervisor to make sure they have completed the mid-semester and final evaluation for you.
When each of these steps has been completed, the Director of Externships will assign credit for the units you have earned. One unit of credit is awarded for every 52.5 hours of work in the field.
If you have any questions or problems during your externship, please contact Professor Terry Adamson or the Clinical Program Manager in the Clinical Education Program office, (310) 506.7449, or firstname.lastname@example.org.