Hong Kong/Beijing International Study Tour
East Meets West: Consensus and Resolution Across the Pacific
Summer - TBD
The Hong Kong/Beijing Study Tour provides a unique, intensive experience for lawyers and business people who are interested in representing clients doing business in China and Hong Kong or in understanding the rapidly changing landscape of dispute resolution in Asia.
- meet and have discussions with officers of the leading dispute resolution institutions in Hong Kong and Beijing;
- speak with and learn from prominent attorneys, judges, arbitrators and mediators;
- visit courts and government agencies;
- see a trial in progress in a People's Court;
- tour one of the best-known People's Mediation Centers in China.
International lawyers and businesses routinely spend considerable time and money obtaining such opportunities, all of which will be part of your experience in this one-of-a-kind course. We'll also visit some of the great sites of China, including the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heaven, old and new Hong Kong, and other sites, and sample a variety of wonderful cuisines.
The Hong Kong/Beijing Study Tour is designed to be a stimulating professional experience, as well as an enjoyable trip for the participants. The primary conference facility for the program will be the new executive education center in the heart of the central Hong Kong business district. Designated the SCOPE Admiralty Learning Centre, it is operated by City University in Hong Kong. The SCOPE facility is in an office complex that includes the Admiralty MTR (subway) stop and adjoins one of the largest, and newest, shopping, eating, and office malls in Hong Kong.