Naalj 2010 Annual Conference - Excellence in Administrative Justice: Delivering Due Process
Programming will include valuable instruction and provocative presentations for administrative adjudicators across all jurisdictions, agencies, and settings. It includes:
- A full day of instruction in judicial writing by LAWriters chief instructor.
- A full day of seminars on neurological subjects: How the Brain Works; Memory And Deception; The Neuroscience of Substance Dependence; Interaction of Culture and the Brain; and Brain Injury, Disability, Recovery and Assessment.
- Goldberg v. Kelly: Casting a Long Shadow after 40 Years
- Cognitive Bias and Judicial Decision-Making
- Special Education topics: “How and Why Do You Apply the Sufficiency Standard?” and “To Ask or Not to Ask-What is Your Job as a Hearing Officer?”
- Assessing Witness Credibility
- Best Practices for Conducting Hearings Electronically
- Best Practices for Hearings With Self-Represented Litigants
- An Overview of International Courts
- A Snapshot of Administrative Adjudication in Other Countries