Refer a Friend
An Offer for Our Pepperdine Family
Refer a Friend to the Master of Dispute Resolution and attend a Professional Skills Program for Free!
At the Straus Institute, we want to attract high-caliber students and create more leaders with negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and conflict resolution skills. As part of the Pepperdine family, you are uniquely equipped to identify the type of students for whom we are looking. You are also uniquely poised to describe the value of a Pepperdine education. Please help us spread the word as our program expands!
Make a referral for the Master of Dispute Resolution Program that results in a matriculated student, and you may attend a Straus Professional Skills Program (two and a half day training Program, typically valued around $1,800) for free!
How it Works
Who can be Referred
The referral is not valid for students who have already applied, been accepted, or are currently enrolled in the Program.
Who can Refer
- Students or alumni from the School of Law or any of Pepperdine's other graduate programs and Seaver College
- Pepperdine staff or faculty members
- Anyone who has completed a Straus program that is 2 days or longer (Professional Skills Training, Mediating the Litigated Case, etc.).
How to Make a Referral
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and contact information (email and phone number) of whomever you are referring.
- Referred students must meet all admission requirements for the Master of Dispute Resolution Program, be accepted by the Office of Admissions, and matriculate.
- Free Gift! In exchange for one referral, the Straus Institute will offer to the person making
the referral either:
- A single two and a half day Professional Skills Program at no cost; or
- A one credit scholarship for an academic Straus Institute class.
- The free gift must be used within 12 months of the date on which the referred student matriculates.