All applicants for admission to the full-time Juris Doctor program at Pepperdine School of Law are eligible to apply for the prestigious Faculty Scholars Award. This award is granted to applicants who demonstrate academic excellence and personal achievement, without regard to financial need. It is recommended that applicants have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.60 and an LSAT score in the 85th percentile. Full tuition plus a $7,000 stipend is awarded for the first year of law school. Each year thereafter, scholarship renewal is contingent upon finishing in the top half of the class.
The Faculty Scholars application must accompany a letter responding to the following:
- What are your strongest qualifications for this award?
- Describe your interest in law as a profession.
- Describe your two most noteworthy extracurricular activities or honors received in college.
- Describe your most significant leadership experience.
- Describe your most significant employment experience.
- Describe how any of the above contributes to or identifies with the University's mission.
For consideration, the Office of Admissions must receive a complete admission file, the Faculty Scholars application and letter by January 13, 2017.
*Please note that this scholarship is applicable to students enrolled in the JD program during the fall and spring semesters only. These funding programs are not awarded during summer or winter sessions or to students who are visiting another school during the nine-month academic year.