Student Life Challenge
The 2013 Student Life Challenge has been designed to motivate you to incorporate healthy behaviors into your busy lifestyle. Here's how it works...
Who Can Participate?
All students, faculty, and staff at the Pepperdine University School of Law are eligible to participate, but only students will be eligible for the grand prizes as well as the prizes offering a free semester of group fitness classes.
Points may be accumulated over ten weeks – between Monday, September 9, and Sunday, November 17.
How to Earn Points
- 5 points for every day you do a light workout (e.g., 30 minute walk)
- 10 points for every day you do a more strenuous workout (e.g., spin class; intramurals; basketball).
- 20 points for participating in an organized 5k/10k (or longer) walk or run.
- Any organized race counts, but for those interested, Professor Baker & Dean Sturgeon will run the Malibu Half-Marathon on Sunday, November 10, and would welcome the company!
- 5 points for liking the Pepperdine Campus Recreation Facebook page.
- 15 points for each week you make healthy food choices for at least three entire days.
- 15 points for attending the Nov. 14 lunch presentation with dietitian/nutritionist, Katherine McCune.
- 5 points for each week that you meditate or pray at least three times.
- 10 points for each week that you participate in at least one healthy social activity.
- 15 points for completing e-CHUG.
In order to be entered into the drawing for prizes, a scorecard must be completed and turned in at the end of the program. Everyone is on the honor system!
- ALL SCORE CARDS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH THE ONLINE FORM BY 5:00pm FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 22.
(Note: Only students are eligible for the grand prizes.)
- The entry with the most points will be awarded a $250 gift card to the Nike store on the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica. The gift card will be equally divided in case of a tie.
- All participants who turn in their scorecard with at least 50 points will be entered into a drawing to win a $250 gift card to the Nike store on the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica.
- (If you make the recommended healthy choices, you, too, will be a winner, regardless of your points!)
A tier point system will be used for drawings for other prizes. All participants that submit their scorecard by the due date will be entered to win one of five gift cards within the applicable tier for total points earned (one chance per entry). In addition, one person from each tier (students only) will win a free spring semester of group fitness classes with Pepperdine's Campus Recreation!
||Chance to win one of five $15 Subway gift cards
||Chance to win one of five $20 Subway gift cards
||Chance to win one of five $25 Subway gift cards
All drawings and prizes will be announced and awarded at lunch on Monday, November 25.
Office of Student Life Contacts:
Al Sturgeon, Assistant Dean
Carlton Oliver, Director
Margaret Barfield, Executive Assistant
Campus Recreation Contact
Denton Jones, Assistant Director