The Sixth Annual
William French Smith Memorial Lecture
"The Law of Climate Change"
Friday, October 19, 2012
The Henry J. and Gloria Caruso Auditorium
Pepperdine University School of Law
24255 Pacific Coast Highway
Malibu, CA 90263
2:00 p.m. - Scholars' Presentation: Legal Issues of Climate Change
- Professor John C. Nagle of Notre Dame Law School
- Professor Lisa E. Heinzerling of Georgetown University Law Center
3:15 p.m. - Break
3:30 p.m. - Climate Change Mock Oral Argument: Native Village of Kivalina v. ExxonMobil Corp., 663 F. Supp. 2d (N.D. Cal. 2009)
- The Honoarable David B. Sentelle, Chief Judge of the D.C. Circuit
- The Honorable Timothy M. Tymkovich, Judge of the Tenth Circuit
- Kenneth W. Starr, President of Baylor University
- Appellant: David M. Axelrad - Partner at Horvitz & Levy LLP
- Respondent: Richard O. Faulk - Partner at Gardere Wynne Swell LLP
5:00 p.m. Reception
Online registration for this event is now closed.
Please email the School of Law if you wish to register.
This symposium has been approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) credit by the State Bar of California for 2.75 credit hours.
The School of Law is honored to have the support of the Greater Conejo Chamber of Commerce, the Malibu Chamber of Commerce and the Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce for this special and timely event.
This lecture was made possible through the generosity of numerous donors, including lecture benefactors:
|Herbert & Elinor Nootbaar||The Annenberg Foundation|
|Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, LLP||Vladmir A. Gusinski|
|David D. Hiller||Ken and Alice Starr|
CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION: Pepperdine University School of Law certifies that this activity conforms to the standards for approved education activities prescribed by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California governing minimum continuing legal education.
The School of Law extends thanks to the Pepperdine Environmental Law Society for their
diligence and friendship in supporting this year's lecture.