Caps and Gowns
Graduates may pick up their caps and gowns in the Alumni Office, Room 206A, from Monday, May 12-Thursday, May 15, 8:00am - 5:00pm If you are unable to come at this time, you may arrange for a friend to pick up your cap, gown, and hood for you. Please contact Patty Hayes, 310/506.4654, and leave the name of your friend who will pick up the regalia. After the ceremony, please return all caps, gowns, and hoods to the check-in station located in Alumni Park. Please wear appropriate attire for this formal occasion.
- Graduates should assemble next to the pond in Alumni Park at 9:30 a.m. Please be sure to arrive on time. Seat assignments are made alphabetically.
- Instructions will be given at the time of line-up and the line of march will be organized by the marshal and staff ushers. Stay in order as you are ushered to the field, taking the same seat assigned to you in the assembly area. Men should remove their caps for all prayers, the national anthem, and the pledge of allegiance.
- Graduates will need to select someone to "hood" them. The hood is actually a garment that signifies your degree and drapes down your back. Your hooder must arrive and take their assigned seat in the actual graduation site (directly behind the graduate) by 10:15 a.m. Please note that we ask the hooder to remain seated behind the graduate for the entire ceremony.
- The dean will ask the candidates to rise and remain standing until all degrees are conferred. Upon cues from the staff ushers, march forward to receive your diploma. Enter the stage on the right side, shake hands with the president, exit on the left side, and return to your seat. Diplomas will be distributed at the ceremony.
- Following the benediction, the program participants will exit first, followed by the graduates, and then the faculty.
You must clear all financial obligations with the library, Student Health Center, and Student Accounts Office prior to graduation.
Alumni Affairs Information
Please submit your post-graduate contact information to the alumni office. Your student ID number will be required. NOTE: If the permanent address that you entered on your graduation application will be your post-graduate address, you do not need to re-submit the information.
All Pepperdine Alumni are also eligible for permanent email accounts through the University's alumni mail system. This service is available for no charge and will include email and forwarding services. Visit this web site for additional information.
Contact Patty.Hayes@pepperdine.edu with questions.