School of Law Commencement - May 15, 2015
Updated 5/15/2015 9AM:
Weather: Due to the forecast of rain:
- The graduation ceremony has been moved from Alumni Park to the Firestone Fieldhouse (#62 on campus map).
- Because we are moving indoors, Pepperdine will be broadcasting the ceremony. Please share the following link with friends and family who are unable to attend the ceremony in person: https://livestream.com/pepperdineuniversity/SOL15
- The only change to the ceremony itself is that there will be no processional for the graduates. Chairs for the graduates will have names on them and be arranged alphabetically on the floor of Firestone Fieldhouse. You can go directly to your seats following check-in in the Fieldhouse lobby. All parking and shuttles will run the same route.
- Accident on Malibu Canyon Rd. (7AM): A traffic accident was reported on Malibu Canyon Rd, south of the tunnel. The northbound lane has been opened and northbound and southbound traffic is being let through intermittently. Expect delays.
- Westbound PCH down to one lane: The Malibu Times reports that "[t]he outside lane of westbound Pacific Coast Highway will be closed in Eastern Malibu at Tuna Canyon from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday, May 6 through 15." Please be aware of this when coming to campus on Thursday and Friday—and be sure to make your friends and family aware of this for Friday.
Graduates may have as many guests as they want attend the ceremony. There are no tickets. Please leave non-essential items in your car or with guests. There will be no place for you to leave any personal belongings during the ceremony.
A reception will be held directly after the ceremony in Alumni Park for all attendees of the graduation ceremony.
We kindly suggest that you ask your guests to arrive by 9:45 a.m. on the day of graduation. The graduation ceremony starts promptly at 10:30 a.m., and we would like to have all guests seated by 10:15 a.m. Access to graduation on alumni park is wheelchair accessible and spaces will be reserved accordingly. Malibu Campus Map. As this is an outdoor ceremony, sunblock, sunglasses, and hats are recommended for sun-sensitive guests. There is limited shaded seating.
Students and guests should park as directed by the Public Safety officers. It is suggested that you use the student parking lot across from the law school. Shuttles will be running directly to the Alumni Park for the ceremony.
Rainy Day Plans
In the event of rain and unless otherwise posted on this Web site, graduation will be held in the Firestone Fieldhouse and the post-graduation reception will be cancelled. Graduates will assemble in the rafters on the West side of the Firestone Fieldhouse. Faculty and the platform party will assemble in Heritage Hall.
Contact Patty.Hayes@pepperdine.edu with questions.
Commemorate your graduation on video. Graduation DVDs may be ordered online from Graduation Nation.