Washington DC Externship Semester
How to Participate
Students interested in participating in the Washington, DC, Externship Experience should take the following steps:
- Review the website information about the DC Externship Experience to ensure that you qualify and that you understand the requirements.
- Send an email expressing your interest to Professor Nancy Hunt. You will be placed on the email list for interested students and will receive important updates and information.
- Seek academic counseling as needed for issues pertaining to fulfilling your graduation requirements.
- Begin your search for externships, under the guidance of Professor Hunt and the Career Development Office.
- Attend the September 2013 meeting (TBA) at the Law School regarding the Washington, DC, Externship Experience.
- Sign up for a meeting time with Professor Hunt when she is on campus in September 2013. The sign-up sheet will be available in the Career Development Office beginning Tuesday, September 3.
- Complete the On-Line Application.
- Let Professor Hunt know immediately when you have secured an externship, and forward the contact information for your supervisor so the placement may be confirmed and approved.
- Review the Handbook for the Washington, DC, Externship Experience.
- Complete the Student Performance Agreement and the Externship Registration Form.
- Make travel arrangements and secure housing (limited graduate housing may be available on the graduate floor of Pepperdine's Washington, DC, building).
- Attend Mandatory Orientation for all Washington, DC, Externship students in January 2014 (Date TBA).