Washington DC Externship Semester
How to Participate
For 2L and 3Ls:
Attend the 2L/3L Information Meeting & Luncheon on Monday, September 22, 2014, at 12:35 pm, in Classroom B.
Sign up for an individual meeting with Professor Nancy Hunt, who will be on campus to meet with students September 22-25, 2014. The sign-up sheet will be available in the CDO beginning September 8, 2014.
Attend the 1L Information Meeting on Tuesday, September 23, 2014, at 3:15 pm, in Classroom D.
Steps to Participate in the Spring 2015 Washington, DC, Externship Semester:
- Review the website information about the DC Externship Semester to ensure that you qualify and that you understand the requirements.
- Send an email expressing your interest to Professor Nancy Hunt. You will be placed on the email list for interested students and will receive important updates and information.
- Seek academic counseling as needed for issues pertaining to fulfilling your graduation requirements.
- Begin your search for externships, under the guidance of Professor Hunt and the Career Development Office.
- Attend the September 22, 2014, 12:35 luncheon meeting (location TBA) at the Law School regarding the Washington, DC, Externship Semester. Students unable to attend should attend the 1L meeting on Tuesday, September 23, 2014, at 3:15.
- Sign up for a meeting time with Professor Hunt during the week of September 22-25. The sign-up sheet will be available in the Career Development Office beginning Monday, September 8.
- Complete the On-Line Application.
- Let Professor Hunt know immediately when you have secured an externship, and forward the contact information for your supervisor so the placement may be confirmed and approved.
- Review the Handbook for the Washington, DC, Externship Semester.
- Complete the Student Performance Agreement and the Externship Registration Form.
- Make travel arrangements and secure housing (limited graduate housing may be available on the graduate floor of Pepperdine's Washington, DC, building).
- Attend Mandatory Orientation for all Washington, DC, Externship students in January 2015 (Date TBA).