Clinical Education Program
Clinical Education Program
Special Education Advocacy Clinic
- The ARC - The Arc is the national organization of and for people with mental retardation and related developmental disabilities and their families. It is devoted to promoting and improving support and services for people with mental retardation and their families. The association also fosters research and education regarding the prevention of mental retardation in infants and young children.
- ACE Net - American Council on Education
- Adaptive Technology Resource Center - Based at the University of Toronto, the Centre works with children and adults with disabilities, their families, teachers, counselors, and employers by conducting research and identifying and evaluating technologies that assist those with disabilities.
- American Association of Mental Retardation - AAMR was founded in 1876. Since 1876, AAMR has been providing leadership in the field of mental retardation. AAMR is the oldest and largest interdisciplinary organization of professionals (and others) concerned about mental retardation and related disabilities.
- Association of Regional Center Agencies (ARCA) - ARCA
- Beach Center on Disability - Affiliated with the Special Education Department of the University of Kansas, this site contains research briefs, disability and family studies, information on support organizations, and links to other relevant sites.
- Best Buddies - Best Buddies is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of people with intellectual disabilities by providing opportunities for one-to-one friendships and integrated employment.
- Cambridge Center for Behavioral Studies - Internationally recognized source of quality information about behavior
- CEC - Council for Exceptional Children - Council for Exceptional Children
- CHADD :Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder - Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD) is a national non-profit organization founded in 1987 in response to the frustration and sense of isolation experienced by parents and their children with AD/HD.
- Comfort Connection - For families of children with special needs, a place for parents to come and make that much-needed connection with other parents who are involved in the enormous task of caring for a child who is born medically at risk or with a disability. Please stop by and visit our new location in Santa Ana where we have books, videos, and resource materials that are sure to interest you! All of the staff at the Center are parents of children with special needs. We are available to provide understanding, emotional support, and an opportunity to talk with someone who has experienced the joys and challenges of raising a child with special needs. Our services complement the role of professionals by offering this unique assistance.
- COPAA - Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates
- EdSource Online - California Educational Policy Issues and Resources
- ERIC: Educational Resources Information Center - ERIC is an acronym for the Educational Resources Information Center. The ERIC Clearinghouse on Disabilities and Gifted Education (ERIC EC) is one of 16 federally funded clearinghouses in the ERIC system, a nationwide information network sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education, Institute of Education Sciences (IES).
- Federal Interagency Coordinating Council - The FICC is an advising body to cabinet secretaries from the departments of Education, Health and Human Services, Agriculture, Defense, and the Interior, as well as to the commissioner of the Social Security Administration. It makes recommendations to the federal agencies working to improve opportunities to children with disabilities, including suggestions to eliminate barriers to interagency programs. The FICC serves as the mechanism to facilitate coordination of federal resources to ensure that young children (birth to age 5) with, or at risk for, disabilities and their families get the early intervention and preschool services and supports that they need.
- Federal Resource Center for Special Education - The Federal Resource Center for Special Education (FRC) is a five-year contract between the Academy for Educational Development (AED), its partner, the National Association of State Directors of Special Education (NASDSE), and the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs.
- IDEA Practices - The IDEA Partnerships-This Web site is brought to you by ASPIIRE (service providers) and ILIAD (administrators), who represent two of the four IDEA Partnerships. The IDEA Partnerships are four national projects funded by the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) to deliver a common message about the landmark 1997 reauthorization of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). The IDEA Partnerships, working together for five years, inform professionals, families, and the public about IDEA '97 and strategies to improve educational results for children and youth with disabilities.
- Learning Disabilities Online - LD OnLine is a service of The Learning Project at WETA, Washington, D.C., in association with The Coordinated Campaign for Learning Disabilities.
- National Network for Childcare - INFORMATION - an Internet source of over 1000 publications and resources related to childcare. Publications are research-based and reviewed. KIDCARE - an e-mail listserve - providing a way to communicate nationally and internationally with others who care about children and childcare. PERSON-TO-PERSON - support and assistance from experts in childcare and child development. Extension staff at each state's land grant university who are working in the area of children and youth are identified. CONNECTIONS NEWSLETTERS - issued four times a year for family childcare, center-based care, and school-age child care. NNCC unites the expertise of many of the nation's leading universities through the outreach system of Cooperative Extension. Our goal is to share knowledge about children and childcare from the vast resources of the land-grant universities with parents, professionals, practitioners, and the general public.
- Orange County Department of Education - OC Dept. of Ed.
- Orange County Schools - List of schools in Orange County
- Our Children Left Behind - Advocacy information on current reauthorization action pending in congress.
- Regional Center of Orange County Home Page - RCOC-Regional Center of Orange County
- Smarter Kids.Com - SmarterKids.com's mission is to help children learn, discover, and grow. We treat every child as an individual who has specific learning needs, goals, and styles. This individualized, one-size-does-not-fit-all approach to kids and education infuses everything we do, especially the products, information, and tools we offer parents, grandparents, and gift-givers.